Course Code :
Course Set – HLTAID014 & HLTAID015
Course Validity :
Valid Australia Wide
Location: Noble Park, Bulleen and Bandoora or your venue for group bookings
Instructor : EFA authorised First Aid/CPR Trainer
Course Set – HLTAID014 & HLTAID015
This Advanced First Aid Skill Set course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR or advanced first aid in the event of an emergency, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Participants attending this course will develop the skills, knowledge and confidence required to provide an emergency response and use specialised equipment for those in need of resuscitation, in a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of bag-valve-masks, oxygen equipment, an AED and placing the casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with life-threatening bleeding and provide supplemental oxygen
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Complete two separate incident report forms
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
- Face-to-Face – 18 hours
- Enhanced Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – 6-8 hours of self paced online learning with a scheduled 8-hour face to face practical assessment
Statement of Attainment – HLTAID014 & HLTAID015
Advanced First Aid Combo
- Legislative Authorisations :Conforms to the requirements of Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Authority First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice, 1995
- Certificate Validity Legislature : Approval valid for 3 years from the completion date. It is recommended that cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
Student Handbook: Find out about your learners’ rights, responsibility and support, including complaints
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). As with any training, it is beneficial if it occurs before being confronted with a real-life situationThis Advanced Resuscitation course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR and oxygen in the event of an emergency.
Participants will also learn how to monitor and handover the casualty to medical professionals for further care, and how to maintain resuscitation and oxygen equipment.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Attendance at all sections of the Advanced First Aid Skill Set course is required
- Active participation in group activities and discussions involved in the training program
- Successfully complete progressive practical assessments. Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course
- Successfully complete either a multiple-choice theoretical assessment, demonstrate practical application of skills or answer structures verbal questions in a one on one or group capacity by the end of the course