Course Code :
Sports Trainer Level 1
Course Validity :
Valid Australia Wide
Location: Noble Park, Bulleen and Bandoora or your venue for group bookings
Instructor : Qualified Physiotherapist or Sports Trainer with more than 5 years experience
Sports Trainer Course Level 1
The aim of the Sport Trainer Course Level 1 is to develop a student’s competence and confidence in understanding and implementing Emergency Management Procedures and to provide immediate assessment and management of acute injuries and medical emergencies. It covers basic knowledge of first aid and administration of salbutamol using a spacer and other common medications children may be taking, management of heat stroke/stress and Level 1 taping.
Must be at least 14 years of age by the last scheduled session of the course.
Must be able to do lifting.
- Blended delivery – 7.5 hours (minimum) face to face course
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – approx. 4 hours of self paced online learning with a scheduled 30 minutes face to face practical assessment.
Statement of Attainment – Sports Trainer Level 1
- Legislative Authorisations : AFL
- Certificate Validity Legislature : Approval valid for 3 years, provided 10 hours per season is maintained
Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
- The role of the Emergency Response Coordinator
- Emergency Planning
- On-field & Off-Field Communication
- Emergency Response Priorities& Assessment of Injured Players
- Concussion Management
- Heat Stress/Stroke
- Transporting Injured Players
- Introduction to Taping
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Attendance at all sections of the Sports Trainer Course Level 1 is required
- Active participation in group activities and discussions involved in the training program
- Successfully complete progressive practical assessments. Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course
- Successfully complete either a multiple-choice theoretical assessment, demonstrate practical application of skills or answer structures verbal questions in a one on one or group capacity by the end of the course