Course Code :
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
Course Validity :
Valid Australia Wide
Location: Noble Park, Bulleen and Bandoora or your venue for group bookings
Instructor : EFA authorised First Aid/CPR Trainer
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid – 7 CNE Points
The aim of the Provide First Aid Course is to develop a student’s competence and confidence in providing emergency first aid. This includes calling for help, the ability to respond to first aid situations, casualty assessment, decision-making and basic life support functions cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). This course covers adult and child conditions.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
- Blended delivery – 5.5 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 20 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 6 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
Statement of Attainment – HTLAID003 Provide First Aid
- Legislative Authorisations : Conforms to the requirements of Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Authority First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice, 1995
- Certificate Validity Legislature : Approval valid for 3 years from the completion date. It is recommended that cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
Student Handbook: Find out about your learners’ rights, responsibility and support, including complaints
- Apply Life Support Skills
- Provide First Aid Management Skills for Burns
- Demonstrate the identification and Management of Internal Bleeding
- Manage an Emergency
- Provide First Aid Management for bone and joint injuries
- Manage Emergency Situations
- Provide First Aid Management skills for bites, stings and poisoning
- Manage an acute illness
- Describe the recognition and management of an eye injury
- Manage Hyperthermia and Hypothermia
- Describe the basic structure and function of the human body
- Provide First Aid Management skills for chest, abdominal, pelvic and head injuries
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Attendance at all sections of the Provide First Aid course is required
- Active participation in group activities and discussions involved in the training program
- Successfully complete progressive practical assessments. Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course
- Successfully complete either a multiple-choice theoretical assessment, demonstrate practical application of skills or answer structures verbal questions in a one on one or group capacity by the end of the course