Course Code :
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Course Validity :
Valid Australia Wide
Location: Noble Park, Bulleen and Bandoora or your venue for group bookings
Instructor : EFA authorised First Aid/CPR Trainer
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid – 7 CNE Points
The aim of the Provide First Aid Course is to develop a student’s competence and confidence in providing emergency first aid. This includes calling for help, the ability to respond to first aid situations, casualty assessment, decision-making and basic life support functions cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). This course covers adult and child conditions.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor and rescue breathing techniques on manikins.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 3 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 120 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 6 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
Statement of Attainment – HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- Legislative Authorisations : Conforms to the requirements of Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Authority First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice, 1995
- Certificate Validity Legislature : Approval valid for 3 years from the completion date. It is recommended that cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
Student Handbook: Find out about your learners’ rights, responsibility and support, including complaints
- Apply Life Support Skills
- Provide First Aid Management Skills for Burns
- Demonstrate the identification and Management of Internal Bleeding
- Manage an Emergency
- Provide First Aid Management for bone and joint injuries
- Manage Emergency Situations
- Provide First Aid Management skills for bites, stings and poisoning
- Manage an acute illness
- Describe the recognition and management of an eye injury
- Manage Hyperthermia and Hypothermia
- Describe the basic structure and function of the human body
- Provide First Aid Management skills for chest, abdominal, pelvic and head injuries
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Attendance at all sections of the Provide First Aid course is required
- Active participation in group activities and discussions involved in the training program
- Successfully complete progressive practical assessments. Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course
- Successfully complete either a multiple-choice theoretical assessment, demonstrate practical application of skills or answer structures verbal questions in a one on one or group capacity by the end of the course