Course Code :
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary
Course Validity :
Valid Australia Wide
Location: Noble Park, Bulleen and Bandoora or your venue for group bookings
Instructor : EFA authorised First Aid/CPR Trainer
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – 3 CNE points
This CPR course provides you with the skills and knowledge to recognise when someone is unconscious and not breathing normally (Cardiac Arrest) and increase their chance of survival by calling an ambulance and performing potentially lifesaving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), including using a defibrillator, until emergency services arrive to take over.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
- Blended delivery : 2 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment: 45 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 3 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
Statement of Attainment – HTLAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Legislative Authorisations :Conforms to the requirements of Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Authority First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice, 1995
- Certificate Validity Legislature : It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken annually (every year).
Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
Student Handbook: Find out about your learners’ rights, responsibility and support, including complaints
In day to day life, in the workplace, in the community or at home, you may be confronted by a life-threatening emergency such as someone experiencing Cardiac Arrest. Quick decision making and knowledge on what to do could save someone’s life.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Attendance at all sections of the course is required
- Active participation in group activities and discussions involved in the training program
- Successfully complete progressive practical assessments. Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course
- Successfully complete either a multiple-choice theoretical assessment, demonstrate practical application of skills or answer structures verbal questions in a one on one or group capacity by the end of the course