HLTAID006 Advanced First Aid
Valid Australia Wide
Noble Park, Bulleen and Bandoora or your venue for group bookings
EFA authorised First Aid/CPR Trainer
HLTAID006 Advanced First Aid
This Advanced First Aid course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR or advanced first aid in the event of an emergency, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
- Blended delivery – 6 hours (minimum) with the addition of 2 hour self-paced learning
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – 6-8 hours of self paced online learning with a scheduled 1-hour face to face practical assessment
Statement of Attainment – HLTAID006 Advanced First Aid
- Legislative Authorisations :Conforms to the requirements of Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Authority First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice, 1995
- Certificate Validity Legislature : Approval valid for 3 years from the completion date. It is recommended that cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
Student Handbook: Find out about your learners’ rights, responsibility and support, including complaints
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true when it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), severe bleeding, multiple casualty incidents etc. These situations carry a risk of further injury to the casualty and the first aider and it is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course aims to develop the skills and knowledge and most importantly the confidence, to coordinate and manage the response, and provide advanced first aid in a challenging environment, in order to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Attendance at all sections of the Advanced First Aid course is required
- Active participation in group activities and discussions involved in the training program
- Successfully complete progressive practical assessments. Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course
- Successfully complete either a multiple-choice theoretical assessment, demonstrate practical application of skills or answer structures verbal questions in a one on one or group capacity by the end of the course