HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
Valid Australia Wide
Noble Park, Bulleen and Bandoora or your venue for group bookings
EFA authorised First Aid/CPR Trainer
HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
This Advanced First Aid course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR or advanced first aid in the event of an emergency, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform all practical demonstrations including 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins.
Online study options: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the adult CPR simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed first aid scenario
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
This course is delivered on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909
- Face-to-Face – 16 hours
- Enhanced Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – 6-8 hours of self paced online learning with a scheduled 6-hour face to face practical assessment
Statement of Attainment – HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- Legislative Authorisations :Conforms to the requirements of Victoria Occupational Health & Safety Authority First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice, 1995
- Certificate Validity Legislature : Approval valid for 3 years from the completion date. It is recommended that cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Due to the practical components of the course, participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing.
Student Handbook: Find out about your learners’ rights, responsibility and support, including complaints
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true when it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), severe bleeding, multiple casualty incidents etc. These situations carry a risk of further injury to the casualty and the first aider and it is imperative that training occurs to be able to know what to do when confronted with a real-life incident.
This course aims to develop the skills and knowledge and most importantly the confidence, to coordinate and manage the response, and provide advanced first aid in a challenging environment, in order to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery.
Requirements for Successful Course Completion
- Attendance at all sections of the Advanced First Aid course is required
- Active participation in group activities and discussions involved in the training program
- Successfully complete progressive practical assessments. Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course
- Successfully complete either a multiple-choice theoretical assessment, demonstrate practical application of skills or answer structures verbal questions in a one on one or group capacity by the end of the course